I grew up living in almost every part of the Lone Star State compliments of the Texas oil field. I have wonderful memories of spending time with my grandparents on their farm in South Texas and even earned bragging rights of being a “Watermelon Expert.” My parents finally settled down long enough for me to attend high school in Winnsboro Texas, where I played football, basketball and ran track. Summers found me working with my brother in the oilfields and hayfields. My love of the outdoors brought me to Phoenix after graduating from law school. My family and I continue to enjoy the great outdoors and the wonderful opportunities that The Grand Canyon State has to offer.
Areas of Practice
Trial practice in personal injury and insurance coverage litigation, construction defect and general construction litigation, fire loss litigation, subrogation litigation arising from property claims, insurance claims consulting including arson and fraud, insurance property claim appraisals, and general construction law matters.
Numerous jury trials, including insurance coverage matters, insurance bad faith, and subrogation matters; contested matters before the Arizona Registrar of Contractors; and numerous alternative dispute resolution procedures including mediation and arbitration in construction matters and insurance matters.
Memberships & Associations
- National Fire Protection Association
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Section on Litigation
- Forum on the Construction Industry
- Arizona State Bar Association
- Trial Practice Section
- Construction Law Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
Licenses & Admissions
- State of Arizona, 1985
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona, 1985
- Texas Tech University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 1984
- Associate Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
- East Texas State University
- Bachelor of Science 1978
- Frequent seminar speaker on insurance claims and insurance investigation issues.