Matt was raised in Syracuse, New York, but migrated to Arizona along with his family in 2005. Throughout his legal career, Matt gained a vast amount of experience working in different areas of law including as a prosecutor, criminal defense attorney, and civil litigator. As a result, Matt enjoyed the privilege of representing a wide variety of clients while working on specialized cases.
Outside of work, Matt enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and participating in sporting activities like golf, boxing, and basketball.
Areas of Practice
Trial and appellate practice in insurance defense litigation including, aviation, vehicle accident and personal injuries, premises liability, Civil Rights § 1983 Actions, municipal and governmental liability, and insurance bad faith. Matt has a strong background in criminal defense litigation, which helps in some of his case evaluations.
Memberships & Associations
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- DRI – Defense Research Institute, Legislative Research Committee
- Legislative Liaison 2009-2010
Licenses & Admissions
- State of Arizona, 2005
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona, 2005
- University of Tulsa College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2005
- Brigham Young University
Bachelor of Arts 2000